
The new and improved neaq website has an insane amount of content on it. There are over 800 pages and counting. Part of my job is editing those pages.
Yesterday our crackerjack right whale conservation team let me know that there was an error on the Surface Active Groups page. So I go there to fix it (which I can't right now, but I will soon, promise) and I discover the magical behavior known as SAG (shown at right).
For all the wonderfully neutral scientific description on the page, SAG appears to be easily interchangeable with another three letter word starting with S. But I'll let you judge for yourself.
What it all boils down to me is how fascinating and complex marine mammal behavior can be. There's a great movie showing in our IMAX right now that compares dolphin and whale society to tribes. The more I learn working here, the more I shift my preconceived definition of civilization.
1 comment:
Spooning leads to forking...
Post a Comment