addthis

Bookmark and Share

1/8/09

Smithsonian's New Sant Ocean Hall!

The National Museum of Natural History's new Sant Ocean Hall looks amazing! The Aquarium's right whale research team helped with the specifications of the life-sized model of the North Atlantic Right Whale named Phoenix. Here she is:



Phoenix has been tracked by the research program for a long time, and she's a great ambassador for human visitors to the world of water. She's also one of the whales in the North Atlantic Right Whale Sponsorship Program, so visitors can contribute to right whale research and get regular updates on her status.

But there's a lot to the new ocean hall exhibit. Here's a video tour of the entire hall from the NMNH's YouTube Channel:

With a warm, inviting exhibit like this, the inauguration isn't the only reason to visit Washington D.C.!


1 comment:

Liza said...

I lovelovelove the new Sant Ocean Hall! I visited in November with friends and was impressed with every single exhibit component. Phoenix was absolutely stunning! It was great to be able to view her from above, from other exhibits that had windows over the hall, as well. The next time I'm on the east coast, I'm definitely headed back there!